Jeanne Pia Mifsud Bonnici
Prof. Dr. Jeanne Pia Mifsud Bonnici is a Rosalind Franklin Fellow and holds the chair in European Technology Law and Human Rights at the Department of European and Economic Law at the Faculty of Law of the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. She holds two doctorates in law (LL.D - University of Malta, 1995 and PhD - University of Groningen, 2007) as well as a Masters in Cognitive Science (University of Birmingham, 1996). Prof. Mifsud Bonnici has carried out extensive research on the role of self-regulation in the regulation of activities on the Internet and has authored a book on “Self-regulation in Cyberspace (TM Asser Press, 2008). In this study she examined the interaction between state regulation and private regulation in the regulation of Internet activities. For over 15 years she has researched and written on different aspects of data protection law and privacy especially issues relating to healthcare, medical information and police data.
- MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., Self-regulation in Cyberspace, T.M.C. Asser Press: The Hague, 2008
- CANNATACI, J. & MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., The end of the purpose-specification principle in data protection? International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, March 2010, Vol. 24, Nos. 1, 101-117
- CANNATACI, J. & MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., The UK 2007 Data Protection Fiasco: Moving On From Bad Policy And Bad Law. International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, March-July 2009, Vol. 23, Nos. 1-2, 47-76
- CANNATACI, J. & MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., Weaving the mesh: finding remedies in Cyberspace. International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, March 2007, Vol. 21, no.1, 59-78
- MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., Recent EU developments on data protection…in the name of Islam or ‘combating terrorism. Information and Communications Technology Law, June 2007, Vol.16 No. 2, 161-175
- CANNATACI, J., CARUANA, M. & MIFSUD BONNICI, J.P., R(87) 15: A slow death? In ‘Monitoring, Supervision and Information Technology’ Erasmus University Press, Rotterdam, 2006, pp.27-49